In September 2020, LDBF Boxing for Parkinson’s opened a state-of-the-art 4,700 square foot Wellness Center located at 6667 Vernon Woods Drive Suite A-16 Sandy Springs, Georgia 30328.
The Wellness Center is the dream of Chairman Denise Formisano, and, her husband Tom Jeffrey, to expand member services and programs, including other movement challenges.
The dream became a reality due to the generosity of so many: Ralph Gilbert and Virginia Hepner, GHL Properties, the hard work of Chris Smith, Top Shelf Contractors, and his team, and the support from LDBF members and friends of LDBF.
The Wellness Center offers:
- LDBF Exercise and Wellness Program
- LDBF MS (Multiple Sclerosis) Exercise and Wellness Program
- LDBF Boxing for Parkinson’s Certification Program: a two-day,16-hour certification program for trainers interested in starting a safe and sustainable Parkinson’s exercise program using LDBF methodology.
- LDBF Free Monthly Educational Workshops made possible by the generosity of sponsors, including pharmaceutical companies Supernus, Amneal and Acorda, and Boston Scientific, maker of Deep Brain Stimulation medical devices.
- LDBF YOPD Mentoring – COMING SOON
Thanks to the generosity of Sandra Steinbook, who has chosen to honor her parents through her generosity to the LDBF Boxing for Parkinson’s program, we are proud to honor Sandra and the memory of her parents by naming our home The Walter and Estelle Strauss Wellness Center.